DDE Tips: Necessary Shipping Information
When you need to ship freight by truck anywhere in the US – and you want it done carefully by established professionals with a track record of success you can verify – then you want Desert Deck Express and our unbeatable ability to deliver your freight to wherever it needs to go – affordably and effectively. But what do you need to know to ship successfully with DDE? What information does it take to complete a shipping order and have your goods picked up and driven where they’re needed? Let’s take a look at that together so you’re 100% confident in the process!
Every shipment that Desert Deck Express carries needs to be completely and thoroughly documented and checked to ensure both that it’s the correct freight and that it’s going in the right direction. But there’s more to it than that and all of it plays an equal role in ensuring your goods are safe and secure for their time on the road. Here are the elements you’ll need when completing your shipping request:
- Commodity Type:Okay, the very first thing to get right is the commodity type. In short, what is it that we’re carrying? Is it food goods, perishable liquids? Is it raw material or is it boxed in cardboard? Is it on pallets or separated by some other medium? Remember, the items you’re shipping will have a direct impact on the costs. Obviously, it costs more to ship jewelry and electronics than it does toilet paper and magazines.
- Number of Pallets:This is a big one as it gives our team an idea of how much trailer space your load will require. We’ll also need to know if there are limits to the ways the pallets can be configured when loaded in the trailer. Can they be stacked on top of one another? Information about the limits here will make it easier for our team to do the job right and keep costs down if possible.
- Pickup & Delivery:Of all the information shared with Desert Deck Express when completing a shipping request, the shipping addresses may be the most important. Well, one of the most important elements and it deserves attention to ensure our team has no issues picking up and dropping off the freight at the right times and places. Addresses and times are the basis of delivery service after all. If the shipment is time-sensitive we need to know that too!
- Freight Weight:How much will your freight weigh in total? This means all of the boxes, pallets or whatever else we’re carrying added together – not individual weights. This is vital information for our team – both in terms of proper loading and safety on and off the road. Don’t forget to include the weight of all packaging materials when adding your totals – so boxes, plastic, pallets, etc.
- Total Value:This is super important for insurance purposes – especially if you need freight insurance to cover additional value over and above what’s covered by our default carrier policy. Freight insurance is a must for any high-value goods shipped anywhere in the US and the strongest recommendation from the DDE team.
- Freight Dimensions:We’ll need to know the exact dimensions of your freight to allow us to plan the appropriate loading and unloading procedures – not to mention handle it all safely. So, it’s imperative that you provide us with exact dimensions of all pallets and/or packages in your shipment.
Alright, now you know everything you’ll need to know to ship freight successfully. If you’re having difficulties with any of the necessary information we’ve shared above, just call Desert Deck Express at (432) 788-2432 and our team of experts will walk you through the best ways to go about obtaining the specific information we need. Then they’ll present you with a quote for your specific shipment and answer any questions you may have about our drivers, our process and our pricing. So, don’t delay – make the call or use our contact form to get started!